I refuse to steal my kids’ dreams (On homeschooling as a social movement)

Jamie Martin, editor of Simple Homeschool, also blogs about motherhood at Steady Mom

I am a big fan of Seth Godin. He inspires me–and much of the world–to think bigger, to embrace change, and to consider new ideas. For these reasons, I eagerly downloaded and read his recently released free manifesto on education, Stop Stealing Dreams.

In blog-sized chapters, Godin outlines his ideas about how schools can and should be reformed so they allow kids to thrive while learning and to graduate prepared for a new and connected world. On all this, I couldn’t agree more.

I have doubts, though, about Godin’s thoughts on homeschooling. It’s not that he portrays it negatively. On the one hand, he acknowledges this educational path:

“Thousands of caring and committed parents are taking their kids out of the industrial system of schooling and daring to educate them themselves.”

But on the other hand he states:

“There are several problems, though–reasons for us to be concerned about masses of parents doing this solo.”

Concerned

Photo by mikebaird

Godin is right–the world should be concerned about crazy homeschooling families like mine and yours.

After all, social movements have always been started by groups of people who made solid institutions feel “concerned.” I imagine quite a few were concerned when abolitionists would no longer keep silent about the evils of slavery or when women rose up and demanded the right to vote.

These movements went on to change and influence the world, and as homeschoolers continue to model a successful path through our modern-day educational minefield, so will we.

Time Commitment

~ Stop Stealing Dreams, Chapter 121

Without a doubt, homeschooling involves a major time, effort, and cost commitment from families, making it out of reach for the majority. But it is within reach for many, and the important things in life always involve a sacrifice of time, cost, and commitment.

I’ve heard a similar argument before–when my husband and I completed two international adoptions to add Trishna and Elijah to our family. Opponents of adoption say that the cost is prohibitive and therefore it doesn’t work on a mass scale. Some suggest that those who adopt should instead donate the money to charity, to make a difference for greater numbers of children.

There is some truth to this argument. Adoption is a broken system–a miracle for the one, not a solution for the masses. I don’t know why my two adopted children received this miracle, but they did. And our entire family is blessed because of it.

Industrialized schooling is a broken system as well. And if it’s in my power to give my kids a superb education, it’s also my obligation, my responsibility to do so.

Just because we can’t solve the beast of schooling and all its problems overnight, it doesn’t mean that we can’t give our own kids the education we know they need and deserve. Mother Teresa said it well: “If I look at the mass, I will never act. If I look at the one, I will.”

So we rise to the challenge.

Mistakes

“Without experience, new teachers are going to make the same mistakes, mistakes that are easily avoided the tenth time around…which most home educators will never get to.”
~ Chapter 121, Stop Stealing Dreams

Our mistakes provide our kids with the best education of all. The idea of avoiding mistakes comes from the notion that even when reformed, education remains a top-down, expert activity. That it is a teacher’s job to educate the student. But a true teacher’s job is to inspire the student to educate themselves, to “transfer emotion,” as Godin calls it.

And at that quality, homeschoolers come out on top. Who else can transfer emotion better than those who care more than anyone possibly could for their students? We do it all day long–when we bake apple pies in the kitchen with plenty of “help” or when we laugh together over the latest chapter of a read-aloud.

Perhaps the most inspiring thing we do is make mistakes–and apologize afterwards. Mistakes are to be embraced, not avoided. Not feared.

Fear

Photo by Monica’s Dad

“If the goal of the process is to create a level of fearlessness, to create a free-range environment filled with exploration and all the failure that entails, most parents just don’t have the guts to pull this off.”
~ Chapter 121, Stop Stealing Dreams

On this point, I firmly agree. Far too many parents are setting up schools at home exactly like the floundering institutional giant we’ve pulled our kids out of. If we follow their failing formula, we’ll get their failing results–kids who hate learning, who do the bare minimum, who follow well but are afraid to lead.

We have to be willing to pioneer and forge a new trail. I know that we can.

Homeschoolers have passion, courage, and conviction. We can fight through our fears and come out on the other side; we can fail forward and provide our kids with a world-class, leadership education.

Someday or Today

Photo by graymalkn

“The common school is going to take a generation to fix, and we mustn’t let up the pressures until it is fixed. But in the meantime, go.”
~ Stop Stealing Dreams, Chapter 131

My children don’t need a great education someday, they need one now.

Homeschoolers are part of a revolution, one unique for our time.

May our role in it impact the educational world–making it into one in which all individuals emerge from childhood with their dreams still intact. In the words of Margaret Mead,

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”

Thank you, Seth, for all this good food for thought. Head here to download your own copy of Stop Stealing Dreams.

This post originally published on March 5, 2012.

Comments

1. Paula @Motherhood Outloud says:

Such a great article, Jamie! Thanks for your thoughtful response and I appreciate the comments, I think they articulate the passion that so many of us have for homeschooling and I hope Mr. Godin sees that. I know that homeschooling isn’t the right choice for every family, but I think having a menu of options so that families can decide what works best for them is one of the best ways to bring real change to our educational system.

I would also point out to Mr. Godin that lots of families who homeschool have 2 parents who work. I’m assuming that, Jamie, you and Tsh consider what you do work? We homeschool and I also teach one day a week at a homeschool academy. Again, I understand that this situation doesn’t work for everyone. But my point is that homeschooling families can’t be put into a box. Neither should most public or private school families be boxed in. Instead, families should decide how best to educate their children based on their beliefs and life situations. For us, that means we choose to homeschool.

• Hillary says:

Here’s a vote for homeschooling families with two working families! I work full-time and my husband works 20-30 hours a week 4-5 months out of the year. He is a small business owner so it’s flexible which I agree is key. Creativity and flexibility go a looooong way ;)
      Hillary’s latest post: Get Karen to Haiti: Making a Healthy Difference for Mothers and Babies

• Jada says:

Great article, Jamie! Totally agree, home schooling families can’t be put into a box. Paula and HIllary, our family is a dual-working/home schooling family, too. My husband works full-time (pastor) and is finishing up a doctoral degree. I work part-time, but also take continuing education classes. We share in earning the family income, completing house hold responsibilities, and parenting our kids (which includes home schooling). It’s so true that creativity and flexibility are necessary. And I’ll add commitment and learning to discern between ‘wants’ and ‘needs’. Sure, it’s not for everyone. Yet, please realize each home schooling family operates in unique ways and made the decision to home school for various reasons.

2. Kirstie says:

Mistakes – hah! Me making a mistake would be realising that my child doesn’t yet have the pre-reading listening skills to tackle phonics, and adjusting my approach accordingly. A teacher in a class of 30 children would, unfortunately, hear my child read only occasionally, and,in all likelihood, be required to battle on regardless using the school approved method at the school approved pace, until my child gets passed onto the next teacher, whether he could read or not.

• Cindy Bogner says:

Kirstie,

If your child had been in my daughter’s elementary school, she would not have learned phonics; just a lot of sight words and guessing.

3. Emmalina says:

One of the comments Seth Godin made that disturbed me was that a teacher will make mistakes, but over the course of teaching for a few years will become more perfect unlike a homeschooling parent. So here are the issues with that little gem:

1 – I agree, as an ex teacher you get it wrong many times. Over time you improve but what about the kids you get it wrong with? The mistakes you make are impacting someone, as a teacher you learn and improve but that child has lost that bit of their education and there is no comeback for that.

2 – As a homeschooling parent I make mistakes but, because the student is my only focus not my career, department or school, I can quickly adjust and change things, I can look for alternatives that work for my child. I am not working to ‘policy’, I don’t have to consider the health and safety of other kids, I don’t have to teach to a test or worry about what my colleagues think of my methods. I can do what works for us.

3 – Throughout his argument (and I’ve heard it elsewhere) there is the implication that we should sacrifice our children for the ‘greater good’. So that teachers can practice and get better, so that schools can stay in business. Sorry, that isn’t my job. MY job is to look after MY children, to give them the best start in life, to protect them from things they don’t need to be exposed to and to ignite in them a passion for learning and for life.

As for the fearless thing? Well, I LIVE my principles, every day. That is pretty darn fearless in my book.

Thanks for this article Jaime and for your excellent responses.
    Emmalina’s latest post: School Report

• kt says:

Your comments had great perspective. Homeschooling mamas do not have the division of their interests for the child like women making a career. This is so true. Thanks for sharing.

4. Fran says:

I enjoyed reading both this post and the manifesto. I understand Mr. Godin’s perspective that dedicated, motivated parents are pulling children from public schools rather than fighting to fix them. Homeschooling parents have the drive to begin the change he suggests, but as others have commented, this is at the expense of our own children. I saw first hand what a troubled school system could do to my son, and I am not going to offer him up as a sacrifice. Mr. Godin also realizes that these changes, when and if they ever begin, will take at least a generation to realize. I believe as homeschoolers, we are rearing the generation that will make these changes right now in our own homes. When our children are grown, we will still be able-bodied educators ready to tackle some new challenges with a fresh perspective that is lacking in many of today’s schools. I am in a season of homeschooling for my children’s sake, but I’m not going to turn myself out to pasture when they are grown.

• Priya says:

Yes, but how many homeschooling parents will “tackle some new challenges” when your children are grown? Running away from the problem doesn’t fix it nor does it teach a valuable lesson to your kids. Both of my kids are in public school and let me tell you, I’m offended by the suggestion that their dreams are being stolen. One is in an advance science school, where she is taking college level courses in 7th grade because she wants to and is passionate about becoming a scientist. The other is an artist, who is working on her passions of ballet and performance art. And yes, I had to research where to send them that speaks to them, but they are both in public school. And what do I do with my time? I am active in the local PTAs and helping out in the classrooms because I believe these opportunities need to be available to all kids. And guess what? My kids understand that we need to be involved in our communities to work toward change that we want to bring about. They *want* me to be involved in the schools, even my middle schooler. And they understand that complaining about a problem does nothing to fix it. What saddens me is the energy that homeschoolers take in defending their choices by putting down public schools. Is that really the lesson you want to emulate for your kids? There is so much that is right with public education that gets lost in the controversy between homeschooling and “institutionalized” schooling.

• Laura says:

“Running away from the problem doesn’t fix it nor does it teach a valuable lesson to your kids.”

Choosing to address the problem in a different way than you (ie. homeschooling vs. volunteering at school) is not running away from the problem. It IS fixing the problem, which is our kids not getting an education we consider adequate (for whatever reason). Homeschooling is far from “complaining about the problem.” It’s solving it for your children.

In addition, I think you’ll find that most, if not all, homeschooling families are very active in their communities, improving life for others on a regular basis. It’s actually pretty arrogant for you to suggest that just because another family addresses different problems than you, or addresses the same problems in a different way, that their ways are inferior.

• t.k. says:

I am glad that public school is working for you. But it doesn’t work for everyone. Bright kids get put in a corner to be left to their own busy work. Kids that don’t get a subject get drug along before they are ready and left to fail. I had a math teacher that never stopped to try to teach me in a way that I would understand. I failed that entire year and had to redo that math class. The next year I had an amazing teacher and passed the class, but it didn’t erase the entire year waisted. My brother was put in a special needs class where he was accused of being lazy and rude and they later found out the teacher was physically punishing them. My step son got expelled because the teacher grabbed him by the wrist and pulled him and he slapped her. I know nothing happened to the teacher but my son had to be moved to a different school. I could go on on numerous personal and close experiences I have had with the flawed system. I care way to much about my children’s education to let them be put into that situation.

5. Well said. Vive le revolution!!

6. melynne says:

beautifully written and so well put. thank you for the insight!!

7. Amy says:

This a great article! I especially liked the quote from Mother Theresa. I totally agree with not sending kids into a broken school system.

8. Rachael says:

Sometimes, to motivate someone to find a solution to a problem, you have to make the problem real to them. By pulling our kids out to homeschool, we bring the problem of the schools to the fore-front. It becomes a monetary problem for the public school, and that is, sadly, one of the strong motivators there is.

And the key is that we have the choice. As one mother said in the comments, she chooses to send her kids to public school. Aren’t you glad you have that option? And others can choose something different. And we are thankful to have these options available to us.

I enjoyed Godin’s manifesto, but it left me discombobulated. Yes, he pointed out the problem, but his solutions never rang true to me. But I’ve been unable to put my finger on why his solutions did seem like solutions to me. This is a good step in the direction of figuring that out. Thanks, Jamie!
    Rachael’s latest post: What does that song mean? “O Come, O Come Emmanuel”

9. Cherie says:

Thank you for what you do and what you write. I am regularly inspired by your blogs. We are the only homeschoolers we know of in our area on a leadership education path, so your posts that relate to leadership education are so helpful to me. Helps me remember why we do it, keeps the fears and worries at bay when they come up from time to time. I love the path we’re on and know it’s the right path for us, mistakes and all!! Thanks.

10. Yes Yes and Yes! Thank you for this! When I was a prosecutor, many people asked how I could keep it up, since there were so many children being abused. Our victim-witness coordinator gave me a story that I still have near me today. Maybe you have heard it? It is about a beach littered with starfish, and a child picking up one at a time and tossing it back into the ocean. An adult walks up to the child saying, “you can’t possible save all of these starfish. What you are doing can’t make a difference.” The child responds, simply. “It matters to this one.” And he tosses the one starfish in his hand, back into the ocean. And so, too, it matters what we as parents do -every minute, every hour, every day.
    Aliena (Vermont Mama)’s latest post: CHOOSE YOUR LIFE

11. MomofTwoPreciousGirls says:

We are not a homeschooling family, but I do believe that as parents part of our job is to build on what our kids are learning. It’s also important to realize school doesn’t teach about life and the skills they need to navigate it.
    I think the institution could stand to learn much from homeschooling families. There is much you all are doing right and our children woud benefit.

12. “The one lives in our homes, and through our choice to homeschool we act to nurture their dreams. Not because it’s easy, not because we have the patience to pull it off, but because our children are worth it.”
    Thank. you. I was thinking only yesterday how I am not cut out to be a homeschooling parent- I don’t have a lot of patience, I am not a “kid person”. Thanks for letting me know that’s okay, because I am doing what is best for my children.
    Jennifer Campbell’s latest post: Mrs. Jones’ Soapbox {A Giveaway}

13. Kim says:

It’s very frustrating to hear parents who’ve never had a child in public school go on about how the system is broken and the students dreams are being stolen, etc etc. How horrible to make such a blanket statement. Yes there are problems in public education, as there are in any education situation. The education experiences my children are having look nothing like the education I received as a child. I’m 40, with 3 kids in public school grades 8, 6, and 3, with 2 more yet to enter. The school I remember attending is nonexistent, and my children are thriving, challenged, encouraged and exploring amazing opportunities. My husband and I prayed for years for direction and gave it all to the Lord, homeschool, public school, private school, these are your children Lord, Your will be done, and for now we have been directed to public school. I work very hard to support my homeschooling friends and encourage them. I read this blog because I’m always looking for ways to make sure my kids needs are being met, just as you do. Please stop putting us down. If you have zero experience with public school then please, just stop!

• Kelly says:

I understand your frustration, and I agree that many homeschool parents can easily go down the “Public Schools are the Den of Babylon” path. Believe me. I get it.

However, Jamie’s article is responding to Godin’s manifesto, which provides empirical evidence for the brokenness of the public school system. Jamie’s post title is a response to Godin’s title, which is “Stop Stealing Dreams.” She is not making blanket statements about public school. She is responding to specifics that Godin points out in his book.

Also, the argument that “people who have never put their children in a public school” cannot have an opinion about public schools is not a valid one. Yes, those parents should be respectful of other’s choices, but most homeschooling parents research school choice significantly before deciding what’s best for the family.

In other words, Jamie is not putting parents with children in the public school system down. She is talking about the disadvantages of the public school system as a whole. Yes, there are exceptions. Yes, some public schools are thriving, but most are not. That’s what she’s addressing.

My children have never stepped foot as students in a public school, but I taught in both private and public schools for years before staying home with my children. My husband is currently a public school teacher. We both see the value in public education, but we also know the flaws in the system. Intimately. And we decided to homeschool our children. Saying you can’t have an opinion if your children have never been in public school discredits the value in what Jamie is actually saying. And it makes it sound as though all homeschooler are misguided, which is not true.

Please understand that I get your frustration. I agree that many homeschooling families can come across as self-righteous. I just want to make sure you know that Jamie provides a balanced approach to schooling, even though she is a homeschooling mom.
      Kelly’s latest post: 5 Reasons You Should Read Anna Karenina

14. Christie says:

I don’t think any homeschool mom would claim “patience” as her natural virtue!!! To say that scares the “impatient” moms away from choosing homeschooling.

I think that homeschooling is just like parenting … you still have to take care of squabbles and housekeeping. But I get to add the fun part on top of the normal parenting … I get to “do school!” That part is fun!

I have learned to be more patient with kids being kids. I have learned how to communicate better with my kids. And I think being home teaches my kids more patience than I learned growing up.

15. Thanks so much for your thoughtful post. I have read several things from Seth Godin and have enjoyed them, but also noticed the views toward home schooling that you addressed. We have faced similar discussions over and over with pastors and other parents. We can only do what we can do. I can’t fix the current educational system, or other families inability to home school. But I can home school, and do it with my whole heart. I can support private education by donating, etc. I can support other home schooling families by co-oping and/or tutoring within my abilities. We are all part of the problem, or the solution. Doing what we can makes us part of the solution and the movement.
    Heather Anderson’s latest post: The Family Meal Time

16. Thank you so much for your inspiring post…always! Today, I was ready to abandon the Leadership Education model (still so new) and just go back to what I know best…now, I am pressing on! Praise the Lord! :) Heather
    Heather Doyle’s latest post: Tea at the Junkyard

17. Nikki says:

My reasons for homeschooling go beyond just the educational aspect, in fact, it’s the LEAST of my concerns. There’s so much more that goes on at school that I don’t want my children to learn, at least, not at the ages children are learning them these days!

18. Jennifer W says:

His comment about teachers being able to fix a problem they have made the 10th time around is rather scary. If, as a homeschooling parent, you make a mistake not only can you own up to it a whole lot easier and faster but fixing it will probably not take 10 times and therefore mess up a generation of children. A teacher in a classroom who makes a mistake and doesn’t realize it or fix it for 10 years has just created issues for 10 years of 20-30 children per year. I used to be a classroom teacher and saw this happen first hand many times. Children in my classes would be amazed when I would admit to not knowing something and asking how we could find out the answer. Very sad situations both and are the reason we homeschool.

19. Susan E says:

What a great article, Jamie, and I loved the resonses from the thoughtful dedicated homeschoolers and parents of public schoolers who weighed in. I have been homeschooling for almost 2 years now but before that my 8 year old son went to an alternative school that my husband and I, with 4 other families, founded and ran.

There are many good things about public schools so I don’t want to bash them because I know plenty of thoughtful, dedicated parents who send their kids them. However, our school was small, child-led, needs and abilities appropriate, experiential and project-based – we could things with our small classes that larger private and public institutions couldn’t. We felt it was the next best thing to homeschooling. However, without the deep pockets needed for facilitators, taxes, administrative costs, etc., our school had to close for financial reasons. And, honestly, homeschooling (or radical unschooling which is what we’re doing) is really allowing our kids to thrive.

What I’d like to see the public schools take on more is allowing each child to develop at their own pace instead of having “state” standards and allow for more outside time and experiential learning. From friends and siblings I hear about the amount of time their kids spend doing homework and their complaints of that robbing them of their childhood. I believe that there are so many things that could be remediated within the school system and feel that, as one other person commented on before, it probably won’t be until enough people take their kids out (or big corporations demand that the schools change the way they educate so that US companies can compete on a global basis) that the systeem changes.

PS I also loved the Mother Teresa quote.

20. melynne says:

I appreciate your responses on each issue. I do think Godin misunderstands the passion at which most homeschoolers approach revealing opportunities and continue curiosities for their children to learn. The educational system is absolutely broken in my opinion for how IT would steal the dreams of my children. Godin needs to read John Taylor Gatto’s book ‘Tools of Mass Instruction’ to be educated further himself! Thank you Jamie for your range of topics in approach to homeschool, I learn so much!!

21. Lacey says:

YES!! forget the desks/books/study hall and go outside! Play in the dirt, hold a chicken, peruse the trees and sit on log. There’s so much more to education than replicating the institution at our dining room tables! Everyone WANTS to learn–the absolute best thing we can do is step back, encourage, and do everything but hinder them with our ‘ideals’. Sure, we can help motivate by being learners ourselves, our children are mimic-ers and by simply being with successful, intelligent, loving and upright citizens they will become them. Bottom line. There is no teacher in the world that can model this type of learning in a classroom for 1 45minute session a day. Not even for a full 8 hour day, it’s a lifestyle children are eager to learn.
    Lacey’s latest post: Due to the Flu Giveaway

22. Jen says:

This is a little bit of a tangent from the main point of your post, but I am a prospective new homeschooling mom and am interested in your thoughts about how specifically a homeschool should look different than just a classroom transplanted to the home. Just trying to learn all a can before diving in to this new homeschooling world! :)

23. Jonnia Smith says:

In my experience with my own mistakes, I have found them to become glaringly obvious rather quickly! Then we all get to practice re-evaluating and regrouping to get things back on track.

I found myself nodding YES! again and again as I read. You made terrific points here. Thank you!
    Jonnia Smith’s latest post: Weekly Wrap-up

24. Well said! I just finished reading Seth Godin’s “Stop Stealing Dreams” and I couldn’t agree with your response more. Thanks for posting : )
    Kirsten Torrado’s latest post: What is Cyberschool?

25. kt says:

I love, love, loved this! Well said.

26. That is an interesting post!! I have to say that I have seen public school work well for some children. I have seen it not work for others.
    Our school in our neighborhood has some excellent teachers. They honestly do the best job they can. I believe. But, they have crowded classrooms. One kindergarten class was almost 40 students with one helper, and the other was 28 students with no helper.

I sought help from the local school district for my son that was having issues, and they were so helpful. But they advised me that homeschooling was going to give my son the best chance right now, with his needs. They gave me support and help to get over the hump, but did not recommend school enrollment.

I truly believe that you should consider every option for schooling your children, and not just choose the easiest way. It might not be the best one. Also, reevaluate yearly.

Check yourself and make sure you are doing what is best for them right now. Is the school they are going to best for them emotional, educationally and socially?
    Martha Artyomenko’s latest post: To Honor and Trust by Tracie Peterson and Judith Pella

27. Catherine says:

“My children don’t need a great education someday, they need one now.”
    YES – exactly! I have lots of friends and family who are teachers who expressed the same concerns this author has. I do understand the need for a strong public education system, and will support it in the ways I can, but at the same time, I cannot offer my own children’s well being as a sacrifice on the altar of public school strength.
    Catherine’s latest post: World’s Okayest Mom

28. Adelaide says:

I’m a fan of Seth Godin, too–he has so much wisdom to share about marketing. But I agree with you that our kids need a good education NOW, not in a generation. When I read Godin’s book, The Icarus Deception, I felt like it applied directly to homeschool, even though Godin doesn’t really support homeschooling. In that book, he says we should stop relying on a broken system. Applied to the education system, that directly refutes his own opinion from Stop Stealing Dreams.

29. Dee says:

Hmm, great stuff, but there is one part where I find phrasing confusing: “Godin advises parents and children to keep attending school, to keep pushing boundaries, but not to abandon the institution. For some, that might be the right choice. But I refuse to allow an institution to steal my kids’ dreams while simply waiting and hoping for a better system to someday evolve.”
    I understand that Jamie is answering Godin’s points, as someone mentioned earlier, but the words imply (at least to me) that if ANYONE sends their kids to public school then they are, in fact, allowing “an institution to steal [their] kids’ dreams.”

30. “The cost (in time) of one parent per student is huge–and halving it for two kids is not nearly enough. Most families can’t afford this, and few people have the patience to pull it off.”
    ~ Stop Stealing Dreams, Chapter 121

This is puzzling to me, if for no other reason than it simply is not logical. If it is “too much” for one parent per child, then how can the typical school model of 1:20 be expected to succeed? I don’t have enough time or my one child, but a teacher can handle 20? Come on.

• Lisa says:

I totally agree with this. When we first decided to bring our oldest children home from a private Christian school, my parents were not supportive. They offered up many arguments against the idea of homeschooling, but the most confusing came from my father when he said, “I just feel sorry for your younger two, because now you are going to have to spend time with the older boys, and the little ones won’t get as much attention…..” I could never understand the logic of that. So, I was supposed to send the older boys to a classroom where their teacher (who was virtually a stranger to them) had to divide her attention among 20 students; rather than keep them at home, where I, their mother, only have to divide my attention among 4 children. And not only that, but now my younger two have their older brothers home with them all the time to play with and learn from.

• t.k. says:

I agree and really you can homeschool a free children in a few hours a day and get just as much done. If you are smart about you also wouldn’t have to put to much cost into it as well.

31. Children of Eve says:

I agree with your conclusions 100%. Although I am a Seth Godin fan, homeschooling is an area that isn’t his place of expertise. We are with our kids 24/7, I think we have plenty of time to make mistakes and learn from them.
    Miracles tend to happen one on one. It’s always dangerous to view people as a mass.
    One to one is how we keep this revolution blazing forward. Thank you for your constant encouragement!

32. L’héritier des Sinclair, Barbara McCauley Depuis qu’elle se sait enceinte du richissime Lucian Sinclair, Raina est en proie au désarroi. Car au lendemain de leur unique nuit d’amour, Lucian a été victime d’un terrible accident qui l’a laissé amnésique. Comment Raina pourrait elle lui annoncer la nouvelle si elle n’est plus pour lui qu’une étrangère ? Un mariage temporaire, Susan Crosby Aux yeux de son patron, Nate Caldwell, Lindsey s’est toujours sentie in

33. Looking for an education way to spend the afternoon that will stimulate the minds of both kids and adults? Well look no further than the At Bristol Science Museum. It’s hands on to the extreme and consists of two floors of science experiments for children and adults alike to try out. You can learn how to design suspension bridges, feel like to be in utero,air max 2014, learn how brains work and how hurricanes form. Mayor Carroll A. Jones and several members of the City Council attended. Think it

34. air max 90 says:

The company shares fluctuated between $36.34 and $36.99 during the session. Shares in Air Lease Corp. Have declined 2.98% in the previous three trading sessions, 0.73% in the last one month,cheap air max, whereas the same has surged 17.41% on YTD basis. Recently signed to his second 10 day contract with Washington,air max 97, Livingston has been trying to make a comeback to professional basketball since tearing three knee ligaments and dislocating his knee cap with a gruesome injury on Feb. 26,

35. After his retirement, the company come under a succession of other leaders until its financial fall and closing in 1977. Limited Brands purchased the ailing brand in 1988 and brought in Mike Jeffries,air max 2014, who revolutionized the image of Abercrombie Fitch to become an upscale youthful fashion retailer. Today, the company continues to experience economic expansion through the introduction of four growing concepts and cautious international expansion into key markets.. Wolf grimassiert. De

36. the best deep wrinkle creams for the faceMichael will speak more to the financial details, but let me briefly touch on a few of the highlights. First, comparable store sales for Q3 were up 1%. The Women’s business continued to show sustained momentum by driving a plus 2 comp, which marks the third straight quarter of positive Women’s comps. Victoria’s Secret It’s not much of a secret anymore that if you are looking for the right lingerie to surprise a spouse or sweetheart, you went right to the

37. get the best journalism training possible,cheap air maxI felt safe the whole time. Our daugther celebrated her 12th birthday there while we were away. I went to the front desk to guest services to order her a cake (which i offered to pay for) after waiting over an hour and being told the chef had gone home, they couldn’t find the chef,nike air max 90, I should have come the day before,nike air max 90, could we celebrate it tomorrow, I just gave up. The estimated odds ratios for oral/pharyngeal c