Welcome to this weekend’s giveaway, sponsored by Uzinggo:
“Uzinggo is an online science and math program for middle and high schoolers. It’s like having access to a private tutor, but at a fraction of the cost.
Uzinggo tries to make learning as real as possible with real-world simulations – the more real a lesson is, the more students learn.
Uzinggo is unique in that they have their own built-in gaming system so students receive that additional encouragement to keep learning.
Through earning Zings (points) and badges as they complete more and more ZingPaths (pre-defined lesson plans), students are able to purchase virtual goods and even enter drawings for gift cards. Uzinggo is the gamification of education.”
They have over 1200 lesson activities that fall into three category types:
• Lesson Tutorials: 10-30 min Interactive lessons containing multiple sections, associated worksheets and assessments that let students participate in virtual experiments, scientific inquiry exercise and problem-based learning
• Animations: Standards-based, 1-3 minute videos used to introduce and reinforce a specific concept
• 3D Interactive Models: Vivid, dynamic models designed to explore, visualize and develop a deeper understanding of concepts.
They have a 3D model of the human body where students can pick apart the human body part by part (by organs, the different body systems and structures and all the way down to the bone level).
The lessons are structured to:
- Provide interactive, dynamic environments in which students can discover scientific processes, facts, properties, and concepts by performing a series of guided tasks and examining the results. Each task has its own specific feedback structure, and students can practice each task multiple times using different examples.
- Allow students to make mistakes, understand the reasons for mistakes, and receive relevant, timely feedback.
- Teach scientific concepts in context, with strong real-life and historical connections.
- Help students extend and deepen scientific inquiry skills with engaging, context-rich, step-by-step interactions that favor critical thinking and problem solving over rote memorization of facts.
- Help students to formulate, test and answer scientific hypotheses. Students begin by making intuitive, contextual and testable predictions or hypotheses. Students then use active inquiry to test their predictions before reviewing and revising these predictions based on the results of their inquiries.
- Support teachers/parents with complementary materials that provide background information on the content, additional real-world examples, suggestions for overcoming common student misconceptions, detailed solutions to student worksheets, and lesson-planning tips for introducing, reviewing and extending the concepts.
One Simple Homeschool reader will win a one year subscription to Uzinggo math and science! (value $135)
How to Win
To be entered for a chance to win, leave a comment on this post answering this question: How old are your children, and how do you use technology in your home to enhance your kids’ learning?
(If you’re reading this via email or reader, you must click over to the blog to leave your comment.)
Uzinggo is offering 15% off all orders through October 31st. Just use the coupon code “SimpleHS15” at checkout.
This giveaway has ended – thanks for your interest!