My Elijah turned eight this week–here he is sporting the new bike he received! I honored him and the story of how he joined our family on Steady Mom if you’d like to check it out.
- National Poetry Month Kidlitosphere Events :: Jama’s Alphabet Soup
- The jury’s in, screen time hurts little kids :: Education News
- Lessons from the new feminism :: Thomas Jefferson Education
- Read-aloud revival: Library visits :: Amongst Lovely Things
- Forget socialization – what about personalization? :: Hip Homeschool Moms
For those readers based in Connecticut, I wanted to invite you to Newtown on April 28th to take part in a free Family Fun Day at Two Coyotes Wilderness School from 1-4pm.
This event is completely free and will include food, drinks, and fun nature activities for the whole family like building a fire, wildlife tracking, edible plant hike, and more.
Date: Sunday, April 28, 2013
Ages: Boys and Girls 5-16 & their parents
Activities: Family Nature Stations 1-4 pm
“The Healing Effects of Nature” talk 3-3:30 pm
Discussion and Q&A 3:30-4 pm
Place: Sticks and Stones Farm – 197 Huntingtown Road, Newtown
Click here and enter the Campfire Code: Simple Homeschool
“I am not a teacher, but an awakener.” ~ Robert Frost