It’s refreshing this year that I don’t have any back to school series or giveaways planned for this space. Nada. Sometimes we all need a change, right?
But for those of you in need of a little back to school encouragement and inspiration, I’ve compiled all the back to school posts written here in past years for you to browse and glean ideas from.
Planning and Prep
* Planning for back to school success
* “Good enough” school year prep
* Starting school (with activities for your younger kids)
* How to organize your homeschool supplies
* Getting organized for the upcoming year
* Organize your homeschooling day: How to start and stay on track
Making It Special
* 10 back to school traditions
* Frugal back to school traditions
* How to take your own school photos
All About Attitude
* Celebrating high school independence
* Back to school tips (Words from the wise)
* 10 ways to adjust your attitude when you’re homeschooling for the long haul
This summer things are different on this blog because things are different for our family! Back to school is nowhere on our radar screen–instead we are battling injustice (and Manila traffic) as we spend the summer working in the Philippines for Love146.
So many of you have partnered with us, and I can’t thank you enough! We are raising funds for an awesome library of books and for the education of child survivors of trafficking and exploitation.
And look what we’ve done so far–we’re 57% of the way there to our goal of paying for an entire year of education costs for the girls who live in the Round Home!
If you haven’t already done so, would your family consider a donation during this back to school time of year, so girls in the Philippines can look forward to a year of learning as well?
Thank you for being so generous!
“Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.” ~ John Dewey