Enjoy this week’s homeschool inspiration:
- How to add child-led options to a traditional homeschool approach (a podcast) :: From contributor Angie Kauffman of Real Life at Home
- The importance of reading aloud to big kids :: Read Brightly
- Still human. Every day. :: Melissa Camara Wilkins
- Creating a mom-friendly homeschool :: SallieBorrink.com
- What to do when parenting changes your personality :: My post this week on Steady Mom
My recommendations this week:
Wow, there has been some good stuff appearing in my mailbox lately! Aimee’s cookbook is the latest, and if you’re passionate about feeding your family whole, real food you must check it out.
Colorful and inspiring, I’ve already made plenty of messes trying out recipes (made the BEST brussels sprouts ever!).
Based on the popular early reader, the show Little Bear is a soothing pick for preschoolers and early elementary ages, and you can find 4 seasons for FREE on Amazon Prime!
Featured sponsors this week:
I’ve made several purchases through Educents over the past year – it’s a good site to bookmark for the future, as they offer significant discounts on popular homeschooling products and curriculum.
My latest buy there was Life of Fred Intermediate!
With The World’s Most Fascinating Rock Collection, get a new stone in the mail each month, alongside tons of creative learning activities and a guide to teach you all about it – perfect for the little geologist in your home!
“To me education is a leading out of what is already there in the pupil’s soul.” ~ Muriel Spark