This post contains affiliate links.
Enjoy this week’s homeschool links:
- Planning purposeful rest :: From contributor Kari Patterson of Sacred Mundane
- Plan the path ahead with a free student compass :: Project Inspire Planners
- Why more urban parents are choosing homeschooling :: Time
- 5 things not to worry about this school year :: Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers
- A Hurricane Katrina reading list for young people :: Caroline Starr Rose
What we’re reading this week:
- Jamie, Age 39:
- Trishna, Age 12:
- Jonathan & Elijah, Age 10:
Featured sponsors this week:
Still finalizing the purchases for your upcoming homeschool year?
The folks over at Sonlight Curriculum have put together a helpful FREE homeschool buyer’s guide that includes answers to common Q&As as well as curriculum reviews if you could still use a bit of help!
If you’re interested in these Montessori-inspired, hands-on geography tools from Pin It Maps for your homeschool this year, keep in mind you can get 10% off through 9/15 with the code “home” at checkout!
My son Elijah adores these, and we’ve already learned so much through them.
“I believe that we learn by practice. Whether it means to learn to dance by practicing dancing or to learn to live by practicing living, the principles are the same … Practice means to perform, over and over again in the face of all obstacles, some act of vision, of faith, of desire. Practice is a means of inviting the perfection desired.”
~ Martha Graham