This post contains affiliate links.
Somebody turned 11 this week, but as you can see, he doesn’t like his gift at all. 😉 Happy birthday, Elijah!
Weekend homeschool links:
- What homeschooling REALLY looks like in 2016
- Incredible woodworking projects for handy kids
- Don’t send your kids to college. At least not yet.
- The less-is-more rules of Simplicity Parenting
- Reader Spotlight: Beth’s day w/ 17, 14, 12, 9 & 7-year olds
- To share w/ kids: Why do venomous animals live in warm climates?
What we’re reading this week:
- Jamie – Age 40
- Trishna, Jonathan, Elijah – Ages 12, 11 & 11 again(!):
Who in your home loves Pippi Longstocking? (Hand raised here!)
Check out this adorable wooden dollhouse version of Villa Villekulla from my sponsor Little Citizens Boutique. Right now take 15% OFF this & all their other imaginative toys with the code SIMSCHOOL.
If you’re fairly new to homeschooling (or if you’ve just never taken a peek), take a moment to check out Oak Meadow!
In our early years it gave me a blueprint for our days, providing both gentle structure and flexibility. Their curricula goes from PreK-12th, with an optional accredited distance school to join.
“…my object is to show that the chief function of the child — his business in the world during the first six or seven years of his life — is to find out all he can, about whatever comes under his notice, by means of his five senses…” ~ Charlotte Mason