This post contains affiliate links.
Somebody turned 11 this week, but as you can see, he doesn’t like his gift at all. 😉 Happy birthday, Elijah!
Weekend homeschool links:
- What homeschooling REALLY looks like in 2016
- Incredible woodworking projects for handy kids
- Don’t send your kids to college. At least not yet.
- The less-is-more rules of Simplicity Parenting
- Reader Spotlight: Beth’s day w/ 17, 14, 12, 9 & 7-year olds
- To share w/ kids: Why do venomous animals live in warm climates?
What we’re reading this week:
- Jamie – Age 40
– Look Me in the Eye: My Life with Asperger’s
– Boys Without Names
- Trishna, Jonathan, Elijah – Ages 12, 11 & 11 again(!):
– David Livingstone: Africa’s Trailblazer
– Chronicles of Narnia BBC Radio
– Star of Light
Who in your home loves Pippi Longstocking? (Hand raised here!)
Check out this adorable wooden dollhouse version of Villa Villekulla from my sponsor Little Citizens Boutique. Right now take 15% OFF this & all their other imaginative toys with the code SIMSCHOOL.
If you’re fairly new to homeschooling (or if you’ve just never taken a peek), take a moment to check out Oak Meadow!
In our early years it gave me a blueprint for our days, providing both gentle structure and flexibility. Their curricula goes from PreK-12th, with an optional accredited distance school to join.
“…my object is to show that the chief function of the child — his business in the world during the first six or seven years of his life — is to find out all he can, about whatever comes under his notice, by means of his five senses…” ~ Charlotte Mason