I’m so, so happy to announce that as an online community we have raised over $4,000 for the home education library here in the Philippines through our partnership with Love146–and that’s in less than one week!
With this type of momentum I know we can keep going and contribute enough to fund the education for the girls in the Round Home, survivors of child trafficking and exploitation, for an entire year!
If you missed my post last week, head here to catch up–or head here to donate as a family. Thank you for being such generous and awesome readers!
Now on to our weekend links:
- You could survive, but that’s not the same as thriving :: From contributor Anne Bogel of Modern Mrs. Darcy
- The day I stopped saying “hurry up” :: Huffington Post
- How to talk to your daughter about her body :: Hope Avenue
- Screen rules :: In the Heart of My Home
- No, you’re probably not smarter than a 1912-era 8th grader :: Smithsonian.com
The winner of the giveaway from Imagine Childhood is Andrea Mulholland–congratulations!
Remember all readers can get 10% off all items at Imagine Childhood (Check out their back to school collection) through August 15th–just use the code “simplehomeschool” at checkout.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.