This post contains affiliate links.
Celebrating 16 years of married life with Steve this month – so blessed!
- That’s not your thing :: From contributor Kara Anderson of Quill and Camera
- Don’t teach math, coach it :: New York Times
- The Book Samaritan :: A non-profit that provides free books & curriculum to homeschoolers with financial constraints
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art makes 400,000 images free to use :: Open Culture
- A letter to my boys (The real reason I say no to electronics) :: Renee Robinson
Featured sponsors this week:
Green Kid Crafts was one of my favorite homeschool discoveries last year – monthly arts & crafts kits mailed to us each month, with all supplies included!
These are great for ages 4-9 and right now you can save $10 off any new subscription. Just use the code “BACK2SCHOOL10” – expires Aug 31st.
Math-U-See is a popular homeschool curriculum choice for K-12 Math because of its video lessons (You don’t have to be an expert to teach!) and its visual approach using manipulatives to build mastery – making it a good fit for many different types of learning styles.
Current freebies from Educents include back-to-school printables, math posters, & a homeschool planner for the new year. Plus use the code “BTS10” for 10% extra off their other deals!
“Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation.”
~ Walter Cronkite