This post contains affiliate links.
Brothers and bugs – could there be a better combination?!
Enjoy this week’s links:
- What does a homeschooled teenager’s schedule look like? :: From contributor Kris Bales of Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers
- I love the Victorian Era. So I decided to live in it. :: Vox
- Practical ways to help the refugee crisis :: The Art of Simple
- No one said this would be easy :: Not the Former Things
- Every kid in a park :: Free access to national parks for 4th graders & their families for one full year!
What we’re reading this week:
- Jamie, Age 39:
- Trishna, Age 12:
- Jonathan & Elijah, Ages 11 & 10:
Featured sponsors this week:
Green Kid Crafts is like an eco-friendly art & STEM lesson for littles in a box–including ALL the supplies you need to complete three separate crafts. (No hunting around for pipe cleaners required.)
We enjoyed this monthly subscription for over two years until my kids recently outgrew them. And right now you can try it at a whopping 25% OFF with the code SHS!
Do you hope your kids will become skilled and passionate readers? If so, look into Pen & Ink Learning, where Amy has put together helpful reading resource packages to use with ages 9+ to ignite deeper understanding as they read.
And right now you can access her character study package for free!
“Thank goodness I was never sent to school; it would have rubbed off some of the originality.”
~ Beatrix Potter