Note: I’m not accepting guest posts for Simple Homeschool at this time.
• Posts begin with a photo 700 pixels wide. The photo must be credited with an appropriate source, and must be legal to use. Be sure you include the hyperlink to the photo source so we know where to credit it. Three or more photos per post are recommended.
High quality photos of your own are definitely preferred!
• Post length should be approximately 600 – 1000 words.
• Posts must fit into one of the categories represented on the blog.
• The tone of your post should be knowledgable, yet still informal and friendly. Keep in mind that readers come from a variety of perspectives, faiths, and backgrounds.
• All posts should come from personal experience. The best ones tell a story about something that happened, or is happening, to you personally. Capture the readers with a hook story at the beginning.
• Posts with bullet points can work well. Bullet points keep articles to-the-point and easy to read. Review past posts to make sure yours is of a similar style.
• Links back to your own blog or site should be modest and fit the content of your post. If you include too many links, chances are low it will be published. 1-4 links maximum, and only those that really fit your post.
* Personal affiliate links in guest or contributor posts are not allowed.
• Posts end with a brief author’s bio that links to the site (or sites) of the author’s choice. The author’s bio photo is pulled from their registered email at Gravatar. Please include a 1-2 sentence bio with your post submission.
• We reserve the right to edit your submission for brevity, grammar, readability, and sometimes for meaning. If too much editing is required to make the post useful, chances are low that it will be published.
• You retain the copyright to your writing, but once it’s submitted we reserve the right to use and refer to it.
Thanks so much for adding your words to Simple Homeschool!