Written by Jamie Martin of Simple Homeschool and Steady Mom
Welcome to the 6th annual homeschool day in the life series here on Simple Homeschool!
Six! Can you believe it? After six years, it continues to be one of my favorite times on this blog– and I hope it’s yours, too.
The first time we did this, back in 2011, my kids were five, six, and seven–I feel as though I can watch them grow up before my eyes just by rereading these posts!
I’m also amazed at just how much has changed in our lives since then.
Don’t you ever feel as though life with young kids is on permanent repeat?! Yet subtly and slowly, homeschool days really do morph and alter, becoming what our families and children need in each life season.
Photo by Davmi Pics
And as you read, do your best not to compare! Look for inspiration and ideas, but don’t get bogged down wishing your family had started Latin last year or frustrated because your kids don’t always love math.
A homeschool day in the life is as unique as each one of our families. And by embracing our uniqueness, we’ll find our greatest strengths.
Consider this post your invitation to come “hang out” with me and my incredible contributors for a day! I’ve also listed below the planned date for each post to publish, so you can make sure you don’t miss the ones that interest you most.
I also need to ask your help on one thing: Could you leave a quick comment below IF you’d be interested in writing a homeschool day in the life post on your own blog and linking up here at the end of the series?
We’ve done that in the past and it’s been fabulous, but I only want to continue if it’s a real help and interest to you–so please let me know below!
This post will serve as a landing page for the series – feel free to bookmark it to refer back to as we go along. I will update it with links to each post as they publish.
And if you just can’t wait to get started? Go head to the archives of this series, where you’ll find plenty of past day in the life posts to read!
Simple Homeschool’s 6th Annual
Homeschool Day in the Life Series
- Melissa’s homeschool day in the life (with a 2-, 5-, 8-, 9-, 12 & 15-year-old)
- Kara A’s homeschool day in the life (with an 8- & 11-year-old)
- Jamie’s homeschool day in the life (with a 10-, 11-, & 12-year-old)
- Sarah’s homeschool day in the life (with twin 2-year-olds, a 3-, 10-, 12- & 14-year-old )
- Cait’s homeschool day in the life (with a 4-, 6- & 7-year-old)
- Kara F’s homeschool day in the life (with a 4-, 7-, 9- & 14-year-old)
- Kris’s homeschool day in the life (with 14-, 16- & 20-year-old)
- Kari’s homeschool day in the life (with a 6- & 9-year-old)
- Lora’s homeschool day in the life (with a 3-, 6-, 7-, 9-, 10-, & twin 11-year-olds)
- Shawna’s homeschool day in the life (with a 10- & 13-year-old)
- Come share YOUR homeschool day in the life! (A community link-up)
“Personality begins where comparison leaves off. Be unique. Be memorable. Be confident. Be proud.” ~ Shannon L. Alder