This post contains affiliate links.
Enjoy this week’s homeschool links:
- Poetry books for kids :: All About Learning
- 101 reasons to homeschool :: Raising Lifelong Learners
- 5 things not to do on the first day of a new homeschool year :: Life of a Homeschool Mom
- Why you should intervene when adults overwhelm your kids :: Sleeping Should Be Easy
- Getting ready for a new homeschool year :: Not the Former Things
What we’re reading this week:
- Jamie, Age 39:
- Trishna, Age 12:
- Jonathan & Elijah, Age 10:
Featured sponsors this week:
Are you trying to implement the Waldorf homeschooling method in your home?
If so, take a peek at Christopherus Homeschool Resources, which translates the traditional Steiner curriculum into a homeschool-friendly format. I absolutely loved Donna’s Kindergarten guide when my kiddos were younger – such a breath of fresh air!
When we first began homeschooling seven years ago, I knew I wanted something different for our family, but I wasn’t sure exactly what!
Oak Meadow’s alternative approach was just what we needed to get us started–planned enough to make me feel comfortable, but flexible enough to let us find our own way.
“Study without desire spoils the memory, and it retains nothing that it takes in.” ~ Leonardo da Vinci