This post contains affiliate links.
Enjoy this week’s homeschool links:
- Cultivating a well-trained mind (a podcast with Susan Wise Bauer) :: From contributor Sarah Mackenzie of Amongst Lovely Things
- It’s not about school :: Happiness is here
- 10 myths about unschooling :: Modern Alternative Mama
- When success leads to failure :: The Atlantic
- Just in case you’re thinking of having kids close in age :: My post this week on Steady Mom
What we’re reading this week:
- Jamie, Age 39:
- Trishna, Age 12:
- Jonathan & Elijah, Age 10:
Featured sponsors this week:
I had the opportunity to listen to some of the sessions in last year’s NOT BACK-TO-SCHOOL SUMMIT, and not only were they FREE, they were FABULOUS! Many of the most popular homeschooling voices and mentors will be sharing their wisdom again this year.
Now’s the time to sign up for this year’s completely free, completely online summit!
Two years ago when I needed to shake things up in our homeschool and introduce something fresh, I found my answer in Time4Learning. It can be used as a complete online curriculum, but we used it as enrichment and the kids enjoyed the animated learning games.
Worth checking out if you’re also looking for something new this year!
“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.”
~ Henry Ford