We ended up with over 1,000 entries in our queen for a day giveaway on this site alone, and I’m excited that one incredible mama will be blessed with all the gifts included in this year’s gift basket.
Thank you all for being readers here. We have grown a virtual community of homeschoolers encouraging and supporting one another, and for that, I’m super-thankful.
So without further delay, I want to announce this year’s Simple Homeschool queen for a day…
It’s Crystal, who said, “The best lesson my mom taught me was to serve others and to take care of those I love.”
That’s a pretty significant lesson–congratulations, Crystal, and enjoy!
Queen for a Day 2012 sponsors & coupon codes
Thanks to all of our Queen for a Day sponsors. It’s a privilege to partner with such fabulous companies! Many of them have offered coupon codes to make your Mother’s Day shopping even easier – check them out below.
Accessories, Bags, & Clothing
• Arteesta—Use the code QUEEN4ADAY for 10% off through May 31
• Epiphanie Bags
• Gussy Sews—Use the code GUSSYSEWS15 for 15% off through May 8
• Namaste Inc.—Use the code MOM25 for 25% off through May 5
• Shabby Apple
• EvaJuliet—Use the code FORMOM for 10% off.
• Life Manifestos—Use the code SIMPLEHOMESCHOOL for 10% off through May 4 (orders purchased by the 4th are guaranteed to arrive before Mother’s Day)
• Mary Kate McDevitt—Use the code MOMSDAY for 10% off
• Rebekka Seale—Use the code SIMPLEMOM to get free shipping through April 14 (and her set of 3 flower prints are also on sale for Mother’s Day, all three for $35)
• River Luna—Use the code MAMALOVE for 30% off
Bath & Body
• Graham Gardens—Use the code Queen25 for 25% off through May 31, 2012 (and they always have flat rate $5 shipping)
• Live Beautifully—Use the code MOTHERSDAY20 for 20% off entire purchase until May 14
• LuSa Organics—Use the code SIMPLE GIVEAWAY (enter it in the comments field during checkout) for a free bar of naked soap with orders over $35, through May 15
• MadeOn Hard Lotion—Use the code SLM2012 for 10% off through May 5
• Saville’s Row—Use the code SAVILLE33 for 15% off
• Naturally Fun Parties for Kids, Ice Pop Joy, and The Organic Family Cookbook by Anni Daulter
• The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food From My Frontier by Ree Drummond
• For My Children: A Mother’s Journal of Memories, Wishes and Wisdom by Dionna Ford
• Mother Letters, curated by Sean and Amber Haines—Use the code SIMPLE5 for the price of $5 each through May 4
• Whole Grain Baking from King Arthur Flour
• The Rhythm of Family: Discovering a Sense of Wonder Through the Seasons by Amanda Blake Soule — Use the code SIMPLEQUEEN for 30% off & free shipping during the month of May
• Joy the Baker Cookbook: 100 Simple and Comforting Recipes by Joy Wilson
• EvoLuxe—Use the code 2012MAMA for 15% off through May 8
• House & Hold—Use the code SIMPLEDESIGN for 10% off through May 8
• Le Creuset
• Peugeot Spice Mills
• Soy Delites Candles—Use the code SIMPLEMOM15 for 15 % off
• Teach Your Tot
• Allora Handmade—Use the code MOTHERSDAY for 15% off through May 13
• Chocolate and Steel—Check the site for the current monthly special
• Funky Vintage Lovely—Use the code SIMPLE for 10% off through May 13
• Lisa Leonard—Use the code SIMPLEMOM20 for 20% off through May 2nd
• Mercy House—Every purchase directly supports the Mercy House maternity home in Kenya!
• Native Shop—Use the code QUEEN25 for 25% off through May 8
• Peggy Li Jewelry—Use the code “SHSMOM” for 20% off through May 4
• Savage Heart—Use the code SIMPLELOVE for 15% off through May 8
• Paper Coterie—Use the code RECOGNIZEMOM for 60% off through May 4
• Primele—Use the code MOMSDAY2012 for free shipping through May 14
“I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.” ~Abraham Lincoln
Oh goodness!!! That is ME! I can’t believe I won! Thank you so much!
CC Jen’s latest post: Playhouse
Congratulations to Crystal and I guess a lot of us will get envy with you.. You are definitely a queen for a day!
Gisselle’s latest post: Cure Panic Attacks