Wow, thank you all for sharing Tuesday’s post on “Homeschooling during coronavirus” with your friends! It’s received over 46,000 Facebook shares since then, and I got SO much grateful feedback from sudden homeschoolers worldwide–see the buttons at the bottom of the post if you’d still like to share! Our community provided a bit of light to parents trying to find their way, so special. xo
Weekend homeschool links:
- 3 things that help when I feel anxious
- 50+ Virtual Field Trips to Take When You’re Stuck at Home
- I love Sarah Mackenzie’s downloadable phone wallpaper to remind us to read instead of check the news!
- When you feel overwhelmed: Knowing my part to play
- The Mysterious Benedict Society Chapter Books list (Get your 10+ kiddos hooked on this series while they have extra reading time!)
- 5 years ago on the blog: 7 ways audiobooks enrich our homeschool experience while preserving my voice & sanity (Find over 50 audiobooks on sale here and get stocked up!)
- This week on the Simple Homeschool podcast: Homeschooling during coronavirus? Try the 3 hour homeschool solution! (I recorded this week’s post for those who prefer the info in an audio format)
Featured Sponsors:If you’re beginning to feel a little stir crazy with the kids (or if you want to prevent that feeling!), go ahead and download one of Be Naturally Curious’s super-inexpensive mini-courses for Grades K-5!
Created by scientists and nature lovers, I love how they cover complex concepts in fun ways: stories, games, easy experiments, outdoor play, and more. Choose from over a dozen different topics!
2020 is the perfect time to invest in Election Night!, the board game that uses play to teach ages 8 and up about the Electoral College! I felt like I learned so much as I played with my teens, and I loved how it combines math practice with civics and geography.
Perhaps over the next few weeks we might all have a little more game-playing time on our hands? Order yours here!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from some of the links on this page.
What’s Your Homeschool Mom Personality? Take Jamie’s quiz now and receive a free personality report to help you organize your homeschool based on what you need most!