- Parenting Preschoolers: A Picture Plan :: Sacred Mundane
- Happy Homeschool Rainbows :: Marla Taviano
- The Case for Cursive :: The New York Times
- Homeschooling for Excellence: What is Love of Learning Phase? :: A Thomas Jefferson Education
- Action Pack – A mini-mag for kids who want to do stuff :: Loving the look of this downloadable magazine for kids!
“We are students of words: we are shut up in schools, and colleges, and recitation-rooms, for ten or fifteen years, and come out at last with a bag of wind, a memory of words, and do not know a thing.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
I am a Mom of 2 boys and due to financial reasons, I teach in the school system. I would love to homeschool and so I dabble in the summers. This coming school year my oldest son will particpate in our state’s writing assessment. I’ve decided to help him get a jump on this by working with him at home this summer. I will be using my own creation to teach him since I have been successfully teaching other children for the past 17 years this way. What is this creation? I call it The Writing Garden. In fact, I am poised to publish my first crop – er, volume – this summer on how to write an expository essay. Visit the site and see what you think. I’ll be blogging about my experience with my own child in case you’re interested.
Wow, thanks so much Jamie for the link. I have “met” so many fun people today and I have you to thank! Bless your Sunday…