- Attention disorder or not, pills to help in school :: New York Times
- What’s working – 5 strategies for right now :: Amongst Lovely Things
- Baby news (ask me about my kids) :: Under the High Chair
- 23-year-old homeschooled woman gets seat on state board of education :: Star Beacon
- Too much stuff :: Clean
- A free “Martin & Sylvia” story for December :: Sparkle Stories
The winner of yesterday’s Sparkle Stories giveaway is Mindi Bartoli–congratulations! Remember: you can try Sparkle Stories for $1 for one month AND their Christmas Time audio book is on special offer for only $3 with this link.
“Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.” ~ Albert Einstein
Thanks for the links, some good reads there. The New York Times one blew my mind, wow. Makes me sad really. I wish as a society we could just slow down, ya know? I realize the answer is more complex than that, but if we could start somewhere. Tell everyone that it’s ok to take your time and do your best, in all areas of life, not just school and not just parenting. Certainly something to ponder today.
Well, thanks again for the links, gave me a lot to think about. Have a good Sunday.
Wow…the doc cited in the NY Times article is our *former* pediatrician and the public school they mention is right down the road. Eye opening read which made me thankful we have the right & privilege of homeschooling.