Still sharing snapshots from my homeschool retirement party: This was when I was giving a pop quiz, my final official act as homeschool mom! I love how Jonathan (in the childhood pic) and I both have similar facial expressions, LOL –
check out more from my retirement party here.
Weekend homeschool links:
- For those who fear your kids may never read or spell (This short video was a real encouragement back in the day for me!)
- The Summer You’ll Never Forget
- When You Want to Fix All The Things
- How to Spot a Homeschoool Mom
- Learning To Drive With Learning Differences: A Parent’s Guide
- 2 years ago on Simple Homeschool: An Important Part Of My Homeschool Plan Each Year
- In case you missed it this week: Planning a High School Homeschool Year for a Teen with Learning Differences
By 2030 it’s estimated that 86% of adults in America will be considered overweight or obese. That’s what motivates FORM Curriculum founder Ashton Tate, who weighed almost 300 lbs in high school and lost over 100!
One day Ashton felt like God spoke to him, saying: “The way to fix the health of the nation is to equip the next generation.” He gave Ashton a vision to create a health/PE curriculum to help kids build a solid foundation of habits that can sustain them later – check out a preview here!
Thomas Jefferson Education has a new offering that could be perfect for your new homeschool year: The Young Stateswomen/Statesmen Society (YSS)! Similar to scouts, it’s a program for girls/boys to assist in skills acquisition and character development, combining parental mentoring with hands-on projects.
Think of it like a service and achievement club where you receive new content each month, encouraging your family to reach personal goals together. Learn more about YSS and peek inside!
(This post contains affiliate links, which means Simple Homeschool receives a small commission from some of the links on this page.)
What’s Your Homeschool Mom Personality? Take Jamie’s quiz now and receive a free personality report to help you organize your homeschool based on what your type needs most!