SH #108: Thanks, Homeschooling, for all the Opportunities! ~
Written by Jamie C. Martin of Simple Homeschool and Introverted Moms
I know you’ll love this episode of the Simple Homeschool podcast as we continue a special series with my 18-year-old son Jonathan: “Reflections from a Homeschool Graduate.”
Jonathan was homeschooled from K-12th grade, and in this episode we answer a question sent in from Gillian: “Do you feel like homeschooling gave you extra opportunities that you wouldn’t have had in traditional school?”
Thanks, Homeschooling, for All the Opportunities!
In Episode 108, you’ll hear us discuss:
- Trips we took during the school year
- Conferences we attended in a variety of fields
- Volunteering that led to paid employment during the school week
- Amazing opportunities that have come his way since graduation
Click here to stream/download Episode 108! Find it wherever you listen to podcasts and subscribe so you’ll be notified when we release another in a couple of weeks.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Thanks to the sponsors for this episode: Story Masters and My books!
- Episode 104, Simple Homeschool: “Do you feel like you missed out because of homeschooling?”
- Dr. Peter Gray, Free to Learn
- Watch Pink roller skate by Jonathan during the American Music Awards (look for my boy standing with a headset in the top left hand corner at 01:38!)
- Jonathan posting from Super Bowl 2023
- Jonathan’s Lighting Design YouTube Channel
- Follow Jamie on Instagram and Facebook
Do you have a homeschooling question for Jonathan or me to answer in an upcoming episode? If so, leave it in a comment on this post or email it to me at email@example.com with the subject line “Podcast Question” and we’ll see what we can do!