This post contains affiliate links.
Enjoy this week’s homeschool links:
- Should I homeschool? :: From contributor Kris Bales of Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers
- This is your brain on Jane Austen :: Stanford News
- School isn’t the standard for socialisation :: Memoirs of a Childhood
- Three rules to spark learning :: TED
- Learn Nothing Day 2015 :: My Little Poppies
What we’re reading this week:
- Jamie, Age 39:
- Trishna, Age 12:
- Jonathan & Elijah, Age 10:
Featured sponsors this week:
Woot–my next Stitch Fix is on the way! I love that I can avoid the dreaded mall with its lines, crowds, dressing rooms.
This is probably the first time in my life that I’ve enjoyed adding clothes to my wardrobe–one piece at a time. You can sign up for monthly fixes, but can also request them at any frequency that works for you.
If you’ve been researching the educational philosophy Thomas Jefferson Education (TJEd), make sure you check out the Simple Homeschool bundle they’ve put together where you can get all their foundational materials at over 80% off!
Without any exaggeration these resources have changed our homeschooling life and family culture in the most positive of ways.
“A good head and good heart are always a formidable combination. But when you add to that a literate tongue or pen, then you have something very special.”
~ Nelson Mandela