This post contains affiliate links.
Reading on Hadrian’s Wall last week; settling in back home and recovering from jet lag this week!
Enjoy this week’s homeschool links:
- Homeschooling with twins (or lifestyles of the overwhelmed) :: From contributor Sarah Mackenzie of Amongst Lovely Things
- Parents: What I wish you would do :: Blessed by Brenna
- Charlotte Mason picture study :: Real Life at Home
- Answering the homeschool critics :: iHomeschool Network
- LEGO adds more women to its science lineup :: Scientific American
A few of my favorite things:
This novel makes my heart happy–last time I read it was 20+ years ago, but just reading the first few chapters this week felt like coming home.
Looking for a good game to get your kids ready for multiplication? I can’t think of a better one than Yahtzee, which I spent many hours happily playing as a girl.
Forget the newer frilly editions and go for this one in the original style – love it!
Featured sponsors this week:
Are you on the search for a new curriculum for reading and/or spelling next homeschool year?
So many of my readers absolutely RAVE about All About Learning, with its hands-on approach and its open & go lesson plans.
“Wonderment is the first step to learning. Wonder-filled education inspires creative thinking, engages the heart and enlivens the spirit.” ~ Sieglinde De Francescale