Written by Jamie C. Martin of Simple Homeschool
Dear fellow introverted moms,
Since mid-2017 I have spent hours and hours typing the deepest parts of my heart out onto a Word document.
Now it’s 2019, and in just a few months these words will be printed and on the shelf–a thought that is both thrilling and terrifying!
I wrote this new book because being an introvert in our extrovert-dominant society can be tough. But being an introverted mother? Feels impossible sometimes.
We’re surrounded by beautiful little people we adore, and those same beautiful little people also drain the life out of us.
This paradox can make us feel like we are not cut out for the job.
I wrote the book I wish I could have read 14 years ago. A book to help other introverted moms feel less alone, more understood, and more confident being who God created them to be.
A book to help you acknowledge and recognize all the gifts your personality brings to your families.
Let me officially introduce you to Introverted Mom: Your Guide to More Calm, Less Guilt, and Quiet Joy:
In Introverted Mom, I share vulnerable stories–all the times when introversion impacted, negatively or positively, my life and motherhood journey. I share your stories too, at the end of each chapter, where introverted moms chime in from all over the world. Love!
And as a book lover, here’s one of my favorite parts: I weave the lives and words of four of my favorite introverted writers into and around the pages – Louisa May Alcott, Jane Austen, L. M. Montgomery, and Laura Ingalls Wilder.
I also pulled all the chapter titles from the beautiful writings of these women. Take a peek…
Table of Contents
Introduction: You Might Be An Introverted Mother If…
Part I. The True Way to Live
- Chapter 1. The Distance is Nothing: On Discovering You’re an Introverted Mother
- Chapter 2. Learning How to Sail: On Believing That You’re Enough
- Chapter 3. A New Day: On the Freedom That Comes from Acceptance
Part II. Governing It Well
- Chapter 4. No Great Loss: On Navigating Heartache and Disappointment
- Chapter 5. Tenderness of Heart: On Marriage and Raising Children
- Chapter 6. Pruned Down and Branched Out: On Stretching Out of Our Comfort Zone
Part III. A Better Guide
- Chapter 7. Always Good Company: On Good Books and Good Friends
- Chapter 8. Feel a Prayer: On Connecting with God as an Introvert
- Chapter 9. As the Years Pass: On Watching Your Family Grow Up
Part IV. Simple Little Pleasures
- Chapter 10. In Quiet Places: On Cultivating Calm Wherever You Are
- Chapter 11. Your Own Happiness: On Uncovering Joy
- Chapter 12. A Beautiful Success: On Defining for Ourselves What Really Matters
Conclusion: An Introverted Mother’s Manifesto
Introverted Mom will be in your hands for Mother’s Day, releasing May 7th, making it the perfect gift for you and your fellow introverted friends!
Pre-orders help a book succeed in this book-saturated world. For many reasons, they are considered even more useful than regular sales.
In fact, did you know pre-orders even help to make a book cheaper? When retailers like Amazon notice that people have begun to pre-order a title, they then discount the price to make it cheaper for everyone–and those who pre-order get that lowest price, too. Yay!
If you’re an introvert who has enjoyed any of my writing in the past, I believe you’ll love this new book of mine. It’s my favorite book so far.
And I’m so excited about the pre-order bonus idea the Zondervan team and I recently came up with for you! To make sure you’ll receive it, go ahead and preorder above, then let me know you did here!
Thank you, Simple Homeschool readers, for letting me share this news. It’s such an honor to write for you and to send this message of encouragement your way.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from some of the links on this page.