This post contains affiliate links.
Look what’s coming your way beginning on Monday–it’s our 5th annual homeschool day in the life series! Don’t miss it!!
Enjoy this week’s homeschool inspiration:
- Origami math :: From contributor Amida of Journey into Unschooling
- My favorite Jane Austen film adaptations :: Modern Mrs. Darcy
- Humanity for iPad :: An interactive travel app
- 100 children’s books to read in a lifetime :: Amazon (Fun to build your 2015 reading list around!)
- 50 reasons homeschool parents love homeschooling :: Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers
My recommendations this week:
If you haven’t discovered Annedroids yet, it is a wonderful STEM show for your kiddos age 8 and up, available FREE via Amazon Prime. 11-year-old Anne lives in a junkyard with her father and the androids they create.
I recently discovered these US history comic books and they are brilliant. Topics range from Revolutionary War to slavery, native americans, and the World Wars. Fascinating fun to get your 8-12 ages deeper into history.
Featured sponsor this week:
ReadingEggs.com is offering a FREE 4-week trial to all Simple Homeschool readers! We used this last year for Elijah–he enjoyed it and it kept his skills progressing.
There’s a placement test to help you decide where your child should begin. I don’t recommend much computer time for under 7’s, but if you do this together a little each day it can be a fun tool.
“We spend the first year of a child’s life teaching it to walk and talk and the rest of its life to shut up and sit down. There’s something wrong there.” ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson