This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support of this site!
Look what’s coming your way beginning on Monday–it’s our 5th annual homeschool day in the life series! Don’t miss it!!
Enjoy this week’s homeschool inspiration:
- Origami math :: From contributor Amida of Journey into Unschooling
- My favorite Jane Austen film adaptations :: Modern Mrs. Darcy
- Humanity for iPad :: An interactive travel app
- 100 children’s books to read in a lifetime :: Amazon (Fun to build your 2015 reading list around!)
- 50 reasons homeschool parents love homeschooling :: Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers
My recommendations this week:
If you haven’t discovered Annedroids yet, it is a wonderful STEM show for your kiddos age 8 and up, available FREE via Amazon Prime. 11-year-old Anne lives in a junkyard with her father and the androids they create.
I recently discovered these US history comic books and they are brilliant. Topics range from Revolutionary War to slavery, native americans, and the World Wars. Fascinating fun to get your 8-12 ages deeper into history.
Featured sponsor this week:
ReadingEggs.com is offering a FREE 4-week trial to all Simple Homeschool readers! We used this last year for Elijah–he enjoyed it and it kept his skills progressing.
There’s a placement test to help you decide where your child should begin. I don’t recommend much computer time for under 7’s, but if you do this together a little each day it can be a fun tool.
“We spend the first year of a child’s life teaching it to walk and talk and the rest of its life to shut up and sit down. There’s something wrong there.” ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson