This post contains affiliate links.
Time to start building the wood pile!
Enjoy this weekend’s inspiring homeschool links:
- How I quit being busy :: From contributor Melissa Camara Wilkins
- Why do we homeschool :: A Thoughtful Life
- The internet is not killing reading :: Prospect
- Freedom from the toxic comparison game :: Sacred Mundane
- To the mom of littles I was seven years ago :: A back to the future letter I wrote to myself (& all moms of littles!) this week on Steady Mom
What we’re reading this week:
- Jamie, Age 39:
- Trishna, Age 12:
- Jonathan & Elijah, Ages 11 & 10:
Featured sponsors this week:
Calling all non-naturally crafty mamas: Each monthly box from Green Kid Crafts includes ALL the supplies your kid(s) need to complete 3+ separate crafts based around a monthly STEM theme. (No hunting around for pipe cleaners required!)
My kids and I happily used these for over two years, and right now you can try it out at 25% OFF with the code SHS!
Have you taken a look at these Montessori-inspired, hands-on geography tools from Pin It Maps? My ten-year-old son Elijah adores these, and we’ve already learned so much through them!
Right now get 10% off with the code “HOME” at checkout!
“… what you learn today, for no reason at all, will help you discover all the wonderful secrets of tomorrow.” ~ Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth