Weekend homeschool links:
- Never believe anything bad about God
- Free Sonlight Election Day Unit Study (a great idea right now!)
- Low-waste homeschooling
- A guide to the Redwall Chapter Books (my son loved these on audio!)
- A thank you to my children’s (homeschool) teachers
- 9 years ago on the blog: The Case for Once a Month Cleaning
- New on the Simple Homeschool podcast: Episode 24, What no one tells you about homeschooling (especially now)
- Favorite Instagram post from the week–So proud of my girl!
For everyone who has ever told me, “I wish there was a Great Homeschool Convention near my state,” I’ve got great news! Since in-person conventions are not an option this year, GHC has revamped to create an entire online conference–and get this: Registration is FREE!
They’re offering a free option that includes several sessions and an online exhibit hall with many “convention only” discounts, as well as an inexpensive registration that includes 100 sessions from many of your favorite voices and extended access through the end of the year. Go sign up now!!!
Now and then I get questions from readers, asking about my 2015 post: Homeschooling an Angry Child. “How are you doing now,” they ask? Well, I have an update: After many, many treatments over the years, some of which have cost up to $10,000, we skeptically & half-heartedly tried CBD oil several months ago.
Wow, wow, wow! Not only is it far cheaper, it has transformed the atmosphere of our home. So much so that I’m now an advocate for Green Compass, whose high quality, organic CBD is grown and produced in my own hometown of Wilmington, North Carolina.
If you or your child struggles with anxiety, anger, insomnia, chronic pain, or other conditions, Green Compass is worth a try! And if you are skeptical, like I was, this 5 minute clip might convince you (Just make sure you have tissues nearby!).
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from some of the links on this page.
What’s Your Homeschool Mom Personality? Take Jamie’s quiz now and receive a free personality report to help you organize your homeschool based on what you need most!
Top image by Tohm Brigitte