Have you checked out Holley Gerth’s brand new book about introverts?! (afflink)
I highly recommend it!
Weekend homeschool links:
- What no one tells you when your child is diagnosed with autism
- Getting the best out of books (It was fun to do this interview with WORLD Magazine!)
- 5 simple ways to teach math without a textbook
- A beginner’s guide to the Gone-Away Lake chapter books for ages 7-12
- How to make a “Kids Cook Dinner Night” (I am ALL about this!)
- 8 years ago on the blog: How to help your child learn to read
- This week on the Simple Homeschool podcast: Episode 37, My favorite thing about back to school time
What first drew me to Oak Meadow’s curricula when we began homeschooling was its gentle, holistic methodology.
It gave me a bit of structure without overwhelming me with too much, and it reminded me to put relationships first! If you could use a similar approach for PreK-12th Grade, find out more here.
It is such a comfort to get back to predictable rhythms and routines this new school year, and for us that includes All About Reading and All About Spelling!
These programs have been a lifeline, particularly for my children who struggle with these subjects, and for me as a teacher! I love that I am helping them make incremental progress, and I love how much we can see a difference after years of using their curricula.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from some of the links on this page.
What’s Your Homeschool Mom Personality? Take Jamie’s quiz now and receive a free personality report to help you organize your homeschool based on what you need most!