If you’ve been watching the news re: Haiti this year, you know that it’s been a difficult situation for those who live there. You can help by joining my family in purchasing ethical gifts made at 2nd Story Goods.
My husband Steve has visited their factory and is currently assisting the Haitian-owned company in their goal to create more jobs, thereby reducing poverty in their region.
Use the code “simplehomeschool” to receive 15% off all holiday gift orders through the end of December 16th: 2ndstorygoods.com ~ Thank you so much!
Weekend homeschool links:
- 3 Reasons Not to “Do School” in December
- 25 Favorite Christmas Books the Whole Family Will Love
- Finding Balance in Your Homeschool Life
- The Beginner’s Guide to the Tumtum and Nutmeg Book Series (fun gift for ages 8-12!)
- Homeschooling and Chronic Illness
- 3 years ago on the blog: 10 Unique, Educational Stocking Stuffer Ideas
- This week on the Simple Homeschool podcast: Episode 76, A Homeschool Mom’s Letter to Saint Nick
The popular subscription box Ivy Kids would make a perfect educational gift this holiday season for your 3-8 year-olds! These unit studies are based on kids’ books, & each month you receive the book & ALL needed supplies.
Take 20% OFF your 1st kit w/ code IVY20, and subscribe by 12/17 to receive the box featuring Winter Is Here by Kevin Henkes (shown above)!
Are you sensing that you might need to make a curriculum switch after the new year? If so, make sure you take a peek at Oak Meadow!
In our early homeschooling years OM offered us a lovely blueprint, with both gentle structure & flexibility. Their creative, holistic curricula goes from PreK-12th, w/ an optional accredited distance school to join if you’d like extra support!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from some of the links on this page.
What’s Your Homeschool Mom Personality? Take Jamie’s quiz now and receive a free personality report to help you organize your homeschool based on what your personality type needs most!