Enjoy this week’s homeschool inspiration:
- What’s in my homeschool mama bag :: From contributor Kara Anderson of Quill and Camera
- 10 facts about Beverly Cleary’s ‘Ramona’ books :: Mental Floss
- 50 reasons homeschooled kids love being homeschooled :: Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers
- Poetry read-alouds for parents who are intimidated by poetry :: Amongst Lovely Things
- The benefits of natural math :: Laura Grace Weldon
My recommendations this week:
Still in need of an advent calendar? This has been our favorite for years–I love that each “piece” is its own separate book AND ornament in one! A special tradition to read and then hang straight on the tree–perfect for ages four and up.
How on earth have I lived 38 Christmases and never found out about this book?! Anne with an “e” fans, rejoice! Out of print, but used copies available.
Featured sponsors this week:
For the science lovers in your home, take a peek at the holiday offerings from Home Science Tools – find a gift guide with recommendations for all ages, including plenty of items under $25. Use the code WGIFT14 for an extra 10% off, expires 12/22.
Have you heard of Raddish, the monthly cooking club for kids? Each box includes 3 recipes, a skill card, culinary activities, table talk, and an adorable iron-on Raddish patch for your child’s apron. Use the code SIMPLEHOLIDAYS for 20% off your first month of a 3, 6, or 12 month membership through 12/15.
“To me education is a leading out of what is already there in the pupil’s soul.” ~ Muriel Spark