Written by Jamie Martin of Simple Homeschool
Welcome to the 7th annual homeschool day in the life series here on Simple Homeschool!
Seven! Can you believe it? After seven years, it continues to be a favorite part of the year for contributors and readers. It’s so fun to get a peek inside the homes of other families doing this homeschool thing too.
The first time we did this, back in 2011, my kids were five, six, and seven–I feel as though I can relive their growing up just by rereading these posts!
I’m also amazed at just how much our lives have changed since then.
So join us this year as we share a glimpse into the average day of real-life homeschooling families:
But as you read, do us a favor – look at these posts not as benchmarks for success or how it “should” be done. We don’t like shoulds around here.
Instead, grab ideas that seem like they might fit in your home, or just read to remember that not loving math every day is normal, and not every child has mastered four languages by the age of six.
One of the best things about homeschooling is that we are each able to do it in our own way – these posts are meant to illustrate that, not get you caught up in comparing or worrying.
This year my incredible contributors and I will be sharing our days, and we’ve also chosen a handful of guest posters so that we have a wide range of age ranges and homeschooling philosophies represented! (And if you’re looking for anything that doesn’t appear to be below, I guarantee we’ve covered it in years past–so search the archives.)
I’ve also listed below the planned date for each post to publish, so you can make sure you don’t miss the ones that interest you most. And please make a note of the date March 6th, which is when you can come link up with your own day in the life post right here!
This post will serve as a landing page for the series – feel free to bookmark it to refer back to as we go along. I will update it with links to each post as they publish.
And if you just can’t wait to get started? Go head to the archives of this series, where you’ll find plenty of past day in the life posts to read!
This series is going to get us through winter, and land us safely on the horizon of spring, folks–let’s do it!
Simple Homeschool’s 7th Annual
Homeschool Day in the Life Series
- Kris’s homeschool day in the life (with 15-, 17- & 21-year-old)
- Kari’s homeschool day in the life (with a 7- & 10-year-old)
- Jan. 23rd – Mystie’s homeschool day in the life (with 4-, 7-, 9, 11- & 13-year-old)
- Jan. 26th – Shawna’s homeschool day in the life (with a 11- & 14-year-old)
- Feb. 2nd – Melissa’s homeschool day in the life (with a 3-, 6-, 9-, 10-, 13 & 16-year-old)
- Feb. 9th – Kara A’s homeschool day in the life (with an 10- & 13-year-old)
- Feb. 13th – Alicia’s homeschool day in the life (with a 3-, 8-, 11- & 14-year-old)
- Feb. 16th – Purva’s homeschool day in the life (with a 4-, 7- & 8-year-old)
- Feb. 20th – Jamie’s homeschool day in the life (with a 11-, 12-, & 13-year-old)
- Feb. 23rd – Cait’s homeschool day in the life (with a 6-, 7- & 8-year-old)
- Feb. 27th – Heather’s homeschool day in the life (with a 4-, 6- and 8-year-old)
- March 2nd – Kara F’s homeschool day in the life (with a 5-, 8-, 10- & 15-year-old)
- March 6th – Come share YOUR homeschool day in the life! (A community link-up)
“There is just one life for each of us: our own.” ~Euripides