SH #104: Did you “miss out” because of homeschooling? ~
Written by Jamie C. Martin of Simple Homeschool and Introverted Moms
Welcome back, friends, to a new episode of the Simple Homeschool podcast! This year I’m doing a podcast series with my 18-year-old son Jonathan: “Reflections from a Homeschool Graduate.”
Jonathan was homeschooled from K-12th grade, so he has a unique perspective to share that’s going to be so helpful for you as homeschool parents currently in the trenches, wrestling with questions and doubts on your journey.
And by far, when I asked for your questions, the top one submitted had to do with concerns over “missing out” on traditional school experiences. So we chatted about it!
SH Podcast: Did you “miss out” because of homeschooling?
In Episode 104, you’ll hear Jonathan answer these questions:
- Do you feel like you missed out because you were homeschooled the whole way through?
- What about traditional coming of age experiences like prom and graduation?
- If you did miss out, do you see that as a negative thing?
Click here to stream/download Episode 104! Find it wherever you listen to podcasts and subscribe so you’ll be notified when we release another episode in a couple of weeks.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Thanks to the sponsors for this episode: Spark Learning Pals and Dyslexia Connect
- Our 2023 Homeschool Day in the Life Series
- Photos from Jonathan’s graduation in 2022
- Photos from Trishna’s Graduation in 2021
- Follow Jamie on Instagram and Facebook
Do you have a homeschooling question for Jonathan or me to answer in an upcoming episode? If so, leave it in a comment on this post or email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Podcast Question” and we’ll see what we can do!
* Listen to more episodes of the Simple Homeschool podcast here.
* Click here for the transcript of this episode.
What’s Your Homeschool Mom Personality? Take Jamie’s quiz now and receive a free personality report to help you organize your homeschool based on what your personality type needs most!