SH #107: What Makes a Good or Bad Homeschool Mom? ~
Written by Jamie C. Martin of Simple Homeschool and Introverted Moms
Warning: Be prepared for lots of #truthbombs in this episode! LOL I hope you’ve been enjoying the special podcast series with my 18-year-old son Jonathan: “Reflections from a Homeschool Graduate.”
Jonathan was homeschooled from K-12th grade so he has a unique perspective, and today we are articulating some of the qualities that we believe make a good homeschool mom/parent!
We created this episode to coincide with the release of our new quiz: “Are you a good or bad homeschool mom?” Have you taken it and gotten your special gift yet?! Find it here: simplehomeschool.net/quiz
What Makes a Good or Bad Homeschool Mom?
In Episode 107, you’ll hear us answer these questions:
- What qualities make a good homeschool mom?
- Should homeschool moms invest in themselves and their own interests?
- Are you more like a guide or a drill sergeant?
- Are you teaching the child you have or the child you wished you had?
Click here to stream/download Episode 107! Find it wherever you listen to podcasts and subscribe so you’ll be notified when we release another episode in a couple of weeks.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Thanks to the sponsors for this episode: Oak Meadow and All About Reading/Spelling
- Ep 105, Relationship-Centered Homeschooling
- All in One High School
- New Quiz: Are You a Good or a Bad Homeschool Mom?
- Our 2023 Homeschool Day in the Life Series
- Follow Jamie on Instagram and Facebook
Do you have a homeschooling question for Jonathan or me to answer in an upcoming episode? If so, leave it in a comment on this post or email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Podcast Question” and we’ll see what we can do!
* Click here for the auto-generated transcript of this episode. (Note that it will have some inaccuracies.)