This post contains affiliate links.
Ahhh, summer is here and life is good!
Weekend homeschool links:
- 10 creative summer learning ideas
- Modern Mrs. Darcy’s 2016 summer reading guide
- Building a home your kids want to come home to
- What I learned from my Grandma’s to-do list (Love!)
- To share w/ kids: Who owns the moon? (another fun channel to explore with your kids!)
What we’re reading this week:
- Jamie – Age 40
– Mother Teresa: Come Be My Light
– The Circle Maker
– My Life as Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Trishna, Jonathan, Elijah – Ages 13, 11 & 11:
– Listening for Lions
– The Big Wave
– Gulliver’s Travels
Elijah used Reading Eggs a few years ago, and it was another great step toward his reading fluency – plus it was fun!
We checked it out first by signing up for their free trial, and you can, too! 4 weeks FREE with no credit card required.
It’s easy to get so concerned with “what” to teach that we neglect “how” & “why!”
If you’ve found yourself frustrated with replicating “school” at “home,” take a peek at the freedom of TJEd. Right now sign up for one of their most popular courses (a $160 value) completely FREE!
“My education was neglected, yet I was passionately fond of reading.”
~ Mary Shelley (author of Frankenstein)