SH #110: When Your Kid Refuses to Do Something ~
Written by Jamie C. Martin of Simple Homeschool and Introverted Moms
Welcome to a new episode of the Simple Homeschool podcast, continuing this year’s series with my 18-year-old son Jonathan!
Jonathan was homeschooled from K-12th grade/graduation and today we are answering a question we get a LOT: What do you do when your homeschooled child doesn’t want to do an assignment, chore, etc?
When Your Kid Refuses to Do Something
In Episode 110, you’ll hear us discuss:
- How to handle pushback depending on the age of your child (littles, tweens, teens)
- Thoughts on separating academics from household duties
- Why you should go to Thailand and not Bogota (listen in for more context, LOL, it’s a helpful analogy!)
- How Jamie forced Jonathan to take the SAT twice (and what he thinks about that now looking back #meanmom)
Click here to stream/download Episode 110! Find it wherever you listen to podcasts and subscribe so you’ll be notified when we release another in a couple of weeks.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Thanks to our sponsors: Outschool and Ivy Kids!
- Are our voices an encouragement? Buy us a tea!
- Leadership Education
- Children are not adults
- Core Phase: Creating a Solid Foundation for Ages 0-8
- SH Episode 103: In which we chat “bribery”
- SH Episode 107: Jonathan’s Chemistry/Biology experience
- Great Homeschool Conventions
- College Prep Genius
- Khan Academy SAT prep
- Follow Jonathan on Instagram
- Follow Jamie on Instagram and Facebook
- Take our new homeschooling quiz here!
Do you have a homeschooling question for Jonathan or me to answer in an upcoming episode? If so, leave it in a comment on this post or email it to me at email@example.com with the subject line “Podcast Question” and we’ll see what we can do!
* Listen to more episodes of the Simple Homeschool podcast here.
* Click here for the auto-generated transcript of this episode.
Are you a GOOD or BAD homeschool mom? Take Jamie’s NEW LOL QUIZ now to find out!
Great work, Jamie! I appreciate your insights on how to handle pushback from kids of different ages and separating academics from household duties. keep up the good work.