SH #111: Don’t Make Math a Misery ~
Written by Jamie C. Martin of Simple Homeschool and Introverted Moms
Welcome back to a new episode of the Simple Homeschool podcast, continuing this year’s series with my 18-year-old son Jonathan!
Jonathan was homeschooled from K-12th grade/graduation and today we are answering a question that came in from Danielle: What you did for math with your kids at various ages?
Don’t Make Math a Misery
In Episode 111, you’ll hear us discuss:
- How much we love Family Ties (doesn’t have to do with math, but still fun 😉
- How long we waited to require formal math and what we did instead in the early years
- The disconnect a lot of young kids feel when it comes to math that isn’t relevant in their daily lives
- The practical tools & curricula we used for math in various phases of homeschooling
Click here to stream/download Episode 111! Find it wherever you listen to podcasts and subscribe so you’ll be notified when we release another in a couple of weeks.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Thanks to our sponsors: FORM Fitness and Night Zookeeper!
- Are our voices an encouragement? Buy us a tea!
- A Different Way to Look at Math
- Out of the Box Math Inspiration
- Read Your Way to a Love of Math: 50 Titles for Ages 4-12
- Create Your Own Math Playground
- Homeschooling 101: What to Teach and When to Teach It
- Teaching Textbooks
- My Fun Science and CTCMath
- Follow Jamie on Instagram and Facebook
- QUIZ: What’s Your Homeschooling Mom Personality?
Do you have a homeschooling question for Jonathan or me to answer in an upcoming episode? If so, leave it in a comment on this post or email it to me at email@example.com with the subject line “Podcast Question” and we’ll see what we can do!
What’s Your Homeschool Mom Personality? Take Jamie’s quiz now and receive a free personality report to help you organize your homeschool based on what your type needs most!