SH #109: Reasons to Homeschool ~
Written by Jamie C. Martin of Simple Homeschool and Introverted Moms
PLEASE NOTE: In this episode Jonathan and I chat about some sensitive topics, including our experience with school safety, that I don’t recommend for little ears.
Welcome to a new episode of the Simple Homeschool podcast as we continue a special series with my 18-year-old son Jonathan!
Jonathan was homeschooled from K-12th grade, and in this episode we talk about some of the most popular reasons families choose to homeschool, including our own family’s story and experience.
Reasons to Homeschool (There are a lot of them!)
In Episode 109, you’ll hear us discuss:
- Our personal story of what got our family into homeschooling
- Homeschooling for freedom and flexibility
- Homeschooling for emotional or physical safety
- Our experience living in Newtown, CT in Dec 2012 and its aftermath
- The worst reason to homeschool…or is it?
Click here to stream/download Episode 109! Find it wherever you listen to podcasts and subscribe so you’ll be notified when we release another in a couple of weeks.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Thanks to our sponsors: Modify Homeschool App and Dyslexia Connect!
- Jamie’s Online Community/Book Club, Introverted Moms
- Episode 108, Thanks Homeschooling for All the Opportunities!
- 6 Homeschooling Misconceptions Erased by Laura Grace Weldon
- School Violence Led Us to Homeschooling
- Free-Range Learning by Laura Grace Weldon
- Newtown As I Know It
- Episode 100, The Worst Reason to Homeschool
- Sarah Mackenzie Is Awesome
- Follow Jonathan on Instagram to see who he’s working for next!
- Follow Jamie on Instagram and Facebook
- Take our new homeschooling quiz here!
Do you have a homeschooling question for Jonathan or me to answer in an upcoming episode? If so, leave it in a comment on this post or email it to me at email@example.com with the subject line “Podcast Question” and we’ll see what we can do!